Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Concluding Post

Overall I feel like I learned a great deal from the course. I had not considered all the different facets of an organization that we learned about. I am sure that once I am a part of a professional organization the things I learned in this class will help me out.

Specifically I felt I now understand the importance of the individual in the organization. Without a bunch of individuals working towards the same goal there would not be an organization. So, to make the organization effective, those individuals need to be working together effectively. This can mean they share information well, they communicate well, or more tacitly just work together well.

Also I thought the material about organizations coming up with a knowledge strategy was very interesting. If an organization wants to grow and stay effective they need to make sure they are up-to-date with current information which relates to their organization. This can be done by coming up with a plan and putting it into action. The organization cannot be lazy or completely satisfied with their current status. This class has definitely taught that successful organizations change in the right ways to stay effective.

Lastly I enjoyed what we learned about innovation. I will be giving my in class presentation on innovation.

No comments: